Today is Rome's 2,768th Birthday! The day marks the start of the building of Rome in 753 BC.
One of our favorite things about living in Rome is the food! So we thought it appropriate to share this article about the best locals-only spots as well as our go-to places. We look forward to celebrating tonight with a spritz and bowl of Carbonara. Viva la Roma!
1. The best carbonara: Salumeria Roscioli
Also don't miss the burrata with marinated cherry tomatoes!
2. The original and still the best Cacio e Pepe: Cacio e Pepe
3. Our favorite Roman-style pizza and suppli: Ai Marmi
4. Best wine bar: Il Goccetto
5. All-around great meal!: Flavio al Velavevodetto